Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Who Needs NARS When The E.L.F Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in St.Lucia Is Bad-ass?

By 7/03/2013 10:59:00 am

Hi there! This might be one of the most talked-about affordable product online, the E.L.F Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in St.Lucia. It's often thought to be the dupes of the iconic NARS Laguna bronzer and Orgasm blush (what a name, they even have blushes in even more sexual terms, quite interesting. How could they come up with such names for such colors, I'd love to explore LOL)

I myself don't have such luxury to possess any NARS products (except one palette but I've no idea where it is now) but according to many other swatches I've seen, these look really similar.

PACKAGING: I must say E.L.F copies the NARS packaging minus the rubber coat. I find this much more convenience as the NARS one may get dirty pretty easily. It comes with a full size mirror, which is a huge plus. The whole compact looks sleek and quite "high end".

PRICE:  $3.00 for 0.28oz / 8g of product.

AVAILABILITY: in most Drugstores, Walgreens, Target etc. wherever you can get E.L.F
In case you'd want to give yourself a treat by getting the NARS duo, it can mostly be found in Sephora for $41.00. I can't find it on the NARS official website in the form of a duo, though.

Source: makeupgeek.com

THE PRODUCT:
As you've heard thousands of times before, in the pan they look so vibrant so much the cousin of NARS Laguna / Orgasm.

The bronzer: appears semi-shimmery in the pan but once applied it gives a matte finish and really pigmented. Normally I just have my brush to barely touch the product and tadaaaa, sculpted face :). The finish is nice and neither muddy nor orangey.

The blush: coral-y pink with gold shimmer. I find this pretty stiff and hard to show up on my face, however it's quite buildable. For lighter skin tones I think it will look absolutely gorgeous.



I sure think this duo is a nice convenient compact, especially for traveling as it has all you need for your cheeks: bronzer, blusher and a nice mirror (except if you need some highlighter, and NO. the mirror is not at all for you cheeks or they will look blingy, LOL). This is probably one of their most sold products together with their Studio Blush, Stippling Brush and Blush Brush. 

However, behold, this is no NARS, means the colors' pigmentation can't be an exact dupe, and the glorious gold shimmer in the blush doesn't show up as great. Anyway, for $3.00, this is a nice purchase and can work perfectly if you're in a budget.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Suggestions? Thoughts? Do share, I would love to hear from you.