Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Sudden Nostalgia With Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder Original + Fragrance Free Formulas And A Bit Of Sick Joke

By 7/09/2013 04:02:00 pm ,


Nah, walk up to the club like, "What up? I got a big [loose powder] block!"

I'm so pumped about some bits from the drug shop
Hands on the shelf, it's so damn lovely
That people like, "Damn! That's so badass bulky"


Now you may probably know that's my take on a part of Macklemore's "Thrift Shop" lyrics. Like... seriously...you...listen...to...Macklemore? Wine-not? 

His song is featured on one of my favourite phone game Tiny Piano (in fact the only song I play is House Of The Rising Sun) and I was like "T-H-R-I-F-T-S-H-O-P"? Bah, nonsense. But then I and my brother got struck by his "Can't Hold Us" and yeah, it's pretty amazing, not to mention how nice Ray Dalton sounds. OMG thank you Walkman, Can't Hold Us just pops on Sense Me feature, I almost chocked!

Now back to the powder, I can see its tears from being neglected. I'm sorry barbs! I'm sorry for the lousy backgrounds on the pictures below though, I was struggling to find proper lighting.

I've got these two beautés in Translucent Extra Coverage and Luminous Translucent for several months now and I'm still not bored of them yet, which explains quite a lot. Let's take a look as how they are (exactly what I'd expect to find as reading a review):

PACKAGING: as you can see, each is in a round plastic container with orange cap, not the screw kind though but the cap doesn't come off too easily. It also comes with a nice powder puff, which I think is quite handy (also in keeping the product from splashing all over the cap).

I've heard somewhere that it was originally boxed in a cardboard packaging, which I wish it would still be available now. I remember seeing my aunt having a green loose powder box and it was like magic to me. I've just realised how much attention I've paid to such minor details, but seeing her dusting the powder to her face while some tiny flecks of powder were floating in the air, adding some lipstick on bring me sudden nostalgia.

PRICE: $6.00 - $6.99 for 2.3 oz / 65 g of product.

Seriously, Coty??? A standard pot of MAC loose powder contains only 0.28 oz / 8 g of product for $24.00. Of course MAC is MAC and Coty is Coty, but you have an idea of how much you get for the price. Let me tell you how gigantic it is! That explains the "Nah, walk up to the club like, "What up? I got a big [loose powder] block!"


THE ORIGINAL FORMULA - TRANSLUCENT EXTRA COVERAGE:

Also known as the fragranced one. The product itself is very finely milled and soft that almost gives an air brush finish to the skin. It's of a light ivory colour that actually give some extra coverage if you do a little bit of layering, otherwise it's just a nice finishing powder.

Be aware though, that its scent is pretty strong! It smells exactly like the powder you may see your grandma used ages ago: very old-school and powdery, but sure as you can see: this is the original formula that was created in 1935! I can smell a distinct scent once its applied but hopefully people around me can't (unless they stand one inch from my face).

I myself like it a lot, and for me it's one of the reason why I bought this as for me it's not just a piece of makeup, but also a remnant of the old days when I was little. I absolutely love vintage things especially in makeup, you can read an example here where I write about another vintage beauty lip product.



THE LUMINOUS TRANSLUCENT FRAGRANCE FREE FORMULA:

Pretty much the same as the original formula but this one doesn't have any scent to it. By the time I bought them on Drugstore.com had the deal of buy one get one 50% off so why not? I grabbed them both. What kind of logic is this: spend more to save more? I personally prefer the original formula one though.



But when they say LUMINOUS it's no monkey business, this thing is more like a white highlighting powder than a normal loose powder. Hence I just use it sometimes on the parts I want to pop, otherwise a whole face of highlight is just a bit too much, and I sure don't wanna be a walking disco ball :)


FINAL VERDICT: NOT GUILTY!! (just kidding)

You may like it for:
- Getting so much product for the price
- Having a nice nostalgic scent
- Light, soft finishing powder
- Having a piece of the makeup heritage

You may choose to avoid it for:
- Having such a strong scent (for me it's a pro, though)
- The packaging is too big to carry around
- The Luminous formula is just a bit too much

I hope you enjoyed this post and find it helpful. Until next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments